On my computer (as I stopped using records 15+ years ago), all of my music is sorted by the name of the song. However, a design decision (that I don’t fully understand) by a caller that wrote a computer program to play music, has mp3 and lyric filenames that start with the label and number.
Searching for Act Naturally would look like this:
- GMP 901 – Act Naturally.html
- LO 1214 – Act Naturally.html
- RWH 158 – Act Naturally.html
- SL 117 – Act Naturally.html
- TKR 18 – Act Naturally.html
In my collection they look like this:
- Act Naturally-GMP-901.html
- Act Naturally-LO-1214.html
- Act Naturally-RWH-158.html
- Act Naturally-SL-117.html
- Act Naturally-TKR-18.html
When I started calling, to make my life a little bit easier, I changed the file names one at a time as needed. This is, in a word, tedious. Tedium being the mother of invention, I wrote some code (using Python 3) to rename all the cue sheets that I’ve collected from various locations so that I can use them.
A link to the archive is above. I did not write/compose/create them. I’ve simply adapted other people’s effort’s to make them more useful to me. I’ve also fixed a few of them because they had some non-printable characters in the names.
I should add that these are not all of the cue sheets I have. This is just my first pass. I have a number of them that need some TLC before I can include them. Some are PDF files. (Challenging but not impossible.) I’m also in the process of converting these HTML files into other versions. I’m going to make a set using Markdown (similar to HTML), plain text, and a set without the square dancing choreography/figures. (Sometimes, I just need to know the lyrics.)
Feel free to share. They are available “as is.” I make no claim to authorship, ownership, or battleship. There is no warranty stated or implied. Use at your own risk or enjoyment. If you have a set of cue sheets that are not included here, feel free to email them to me and I’ll try to get them into my next batch.